Monday, June 13, 2005

there's no place like home

I'm home for a few days before I'm off to work at summer camp, but I just thought I'd share a brief bit of exciting news. The day before I came home I decided to check on my fundraising for the first time. I had sent out a number of letters asking friends and family to donate money to help me go to El Salvador, and I hadn't checked to see how the donations were coming along up to that point. So I went into the Student Missions office and I found out that I had already received over $2,600 in donations!!! I was very excited because this is very close to the amount that I need for the plane ticket, visa fees, monthly stipend, and other assorted expenses. So a HUGE thank-you to those of you who donated. I am so incredibly thankful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home