Saturday, October 15, 2005

the nerdy side

So, while I was on my day off at the beach (now about 2 weeks ago, I think), the three of us (Darrin, Carrie, and I) made a cool little recording that we really liked. Naturally, I wanted to post this on-line for all to enjoy. However, I was bummed because this blog doesn't allow audio posts. So I e-mailed Robert Boisimer, who set me up with this blog in the first place, begging him to give me some advice as to how I might post audio files. He obliged, and I was soon happily reading about how I might post to my heart's content. It was not until later that I discovered the dark secret of Robert's help page: (dum dum dum...) The page did not enable me to post pre-recorded material! (The horror! The horror!) BUT, the page gave me much-needed vocabulary: audio file host (and preferably FREE). So I did a Google search and soon located my heart's desire: Putfile.com. I am amazed. On this site, I can post not only audio files, but video and flash animation as well! I don't plan on using the flash feature because I have no idea how to create such a file, but still, it's impressive. But most of all, Putfile.com is absolutely free! Oh, my dreams had come true. So now, until I tire of vocalizing my updates, you can find them by simply clicking on the link entitled "New! Media Files!" or something of that approximate meaning. So look, listen, and let me know what you think.

3 Comments:

At 4:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brittany, sorry about not checking if Audioblogger supported pre-recorded content. I'm glad PutFile is working for you.

Thanks for the mention in the post. It's like I'm famous! I was a little hurt that you spelled my last name wrong though. :)

Anyway, it's a shame that your videos don't have any audio, but it looked like that you all were having fun with the biscuits. That and apparently Darrin (I'm guessing that's who that was) went shopping at the El Salvador Wal-Mart. Fun times.

 
At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how do I find your stuff on Putfile?

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Brittany said...

Jesse--my page on Putfile is putfile.com/speedybw, but you can also get to it by clicking on the link in the side-bar labeled "New! Media Files." I'll test it again, but the link should work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home